Immigration Attorney


It can be a long process to being granted citizenship or legal permanent resident status in the U.S. It is recommended that you have a seasoned and professional immigration attorney on your side.

An attorney can be sure you have the process handled properly and can ensure all of your paperwork is filled out and filed on time. We help you prevent delays in being granted citizenship, and we will make the process as efficient as possible. We can help you with both state and federal immigration.

Kevin W. Boyd on Immigration

At the Law Office of Kevin W. Boyd, we do a lot more than help individuals get U.S. citizenship. We also help individuals defend their case to prevent getting deported. We help you properly file paperwork for green cards and visas.

We provide you with the legal advice you need to defend your stay in America, whether it be permanent or temporary.

U.S. Citizenship

A “naturalized” citizen is an individual who was born in another country and has been granted citizenship by the U.S. government. It can be an involved process, but naturalization gives individuals the same legal rights as if they were born in America. We can help you manage the process.

We can assist you with:

  • Marriage and U.S. citizenship
  • Foreign adoption by a U.S. citizen
  • Joining the military to become a U.S. citizen
  • Traveling abroad

There are requirements that must be met before you can become a citizen, and we will work with you every step of the way to be sure all documents are filed properly by the correct date.

Green Cards

A green card provides individuals with official permission to live in the U.S. If you have this card,
it means that you are a permanent resident of America, but you are not yet a naturalized citizen.

There are several ways to get a green card. And you must have a qualified reason to receive one. Our legal team will assist you with any questions you have. We will work with you in regards to actually receiving a card for yourself or a family member.


When an individual is a worker or visitor from another country, you will need to get a temporary visa to live and work in the U.S. The type of visa you will need depends on your purpose for coming to America. For example, if you are bringing your family, there is a special visa for this situation. Immigrant visas to the U.S. require a sponsor if you are planning on moving to the country.


There are over 50 reasons why an individual can be deported. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may deport anyone from the country who is not a U.S. citizen, even those who are legal permanent residents with a green card.

There are three main reasons why an individual may be deported:

  • Committing selected criminal offenses
  • Admissions or incorrect answers to immigration and border control
  • Not filing paperwork correctly

Our legal team will work with you and your family to defend any deportation proceedings in state and federal immigration court.

Special Immigration Topics

There are special immigration situations our team will also be able to help you with, including having refugee status and asylum claims.

If you are a victim of certain crimes in the United States you may be entitled to a U VISA, which could result in permanent legal residence and citizenship.